Clinical Assistant at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
Posted on: 26 October, 2018
Deadline: 5 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Association for Reproductive and
Association for reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Successful candidate will provide day-to-day administrative and logistical assistance to Physicians, Nurses and other medical staff at the clinic, for satisfactory patient care.
- He/she will be required to schedule appointments for patients; screens and refers phone calls, communicates and interacts with patients; provides clerical, word processing, and staff support to the unit, and assists with clinical and/or laboratory procedures as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to receive and screen registered Clients for Physician’s review and assessment; takes and records vital signs as appropriate to clinic operations; may assist with routine medical procedures, as appropriate to training and/or certification.
- Answers telephone inquiries from Clients and others; screens calls to determine nature and urgency of inquiry, refers calls as appropriate, and/or schedules appointments with practitioners; instructs patients as needed regarding administrative and/or logistical procedures.
- Obtains patient histories, and insurance approvals as appropriate; prepares and updates medical charts and associated records, and enters patient data into files and automated databases.
- Arranges for prescribed laboratory tests, specialist referrals, and/or diagnostic procedures; orders, and may transport, drugs and/or other prescribed patient care aids as directed; performs or assists in the performance of basic clinical and/or laboratory procedures, as appropriate to the activities of the unit.
- Collects, Verifies, records, and maintains data on clinical activity and/or research; prepares associated reports as required.
- Orders and maintains inventories of supplies, as required to support day-to-day unit clinical and administrative operations.
- Provides day-to-day staff support to the unit, to include preparing documents and reports, providing office services, scheduling and facilitating meetings, and/or providing dictation or transcription services.
- Obtains and verifies patient billing information, as appropriate to the activities of the unit; processes patient accounts, and maintains records.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness and serviceability of unit facilities and equipment; arranges for maintenance and repair as needed.
- May supervise and/or lead support staff and student interns.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Higher School Diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Method of Application
After Applying Online
Also send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and other credentials with a Cover Letter (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide functional e-mail/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Please provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Interested and qualified? Go to Association for Reproductive and Family Health career website on docs.google.com to apply
- Recent Jobs from Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Cleaner at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Clinical Nursing Officer/Nurse Midwife at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Cash Officer at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Peri-Operative Nurse at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Medical Records Officer at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Know More About Association for Reproductive and Family HealthSimilar Jobs
- Nutrition Consultant at Federal Government of Nigeria
- Medical Secretary - Laboratory at Alan & Grant
- Medical Secretary - Radiology at Alan & Grant
- Technical Officer (Health & Nutrition Services) at fhi 360
- Perioperative/ Theatre Nurse at Summit Orthopaedics
- Senior Malaria Specialist at Malaria Consortium
- M&E Assistant (SMC) at Malaria Consortium
- Programme Officer, NTDs at Sightsavers