Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is a leading professional services firm, providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory, Business Process and Corporate Finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
Environmental and Social Consultant
Requisition code: NG158083VA
Direct Report: PMO/Results Management Lead
Business Unit: General
- Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Nigeria’s power sector.
- Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access.
- Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- The Environmental and Social consultant is responsible for producing environmental and social impact assessments, management plans, and other related reports.
- Prepare Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) reports;
- Prepare Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) reports;
- Prepare Resettlement Action Plan and Livelihood Restoration Plan reports; and
- Prepare other Environment & Social related reports/reviews as may be required under the NPSP
- Study the existing process for obtaining the environmental approvals for mini-grids and solar home system projects and suggest improvements for simplification of the process, especially focused on the Rural Electrification Agency (REA)’s Energizing Economies Initiative (EEI) projects
- Review Environment & Social regulatory/institutional framework
- Review general Environment & Social literature
- Perform Environment & Social issues scoping and stakeholder engagements;
- For Rural Electrification Agency’s Energizing Economies Initiative projects:
- Analyse the current process, through the implementation of the first phase of projects under the Energizing Economies Initiative
- Document lessons learnt from the existing process
- Revise process design
- Liaise with teams from REA, the Rural Electrification Fund (REF), and other government departments to have a buy-in of the revised design
- Design and deliver training programs on this process for project developers
- Report preparation and submission to the Federal Ministry of Environment (FMEnv.) for approvals as may become necessary; and
- Any other Environment & Social task that may become necessary under the NPSP.
- All applicants are expected to have either a minimum of a PhD degree with at least 8 years of relevant experience; a Juris Doctor - JD (All But Dissertation - "ABD") with at least 10 years of relevant experience; an MS/MA/MBA with at least 12 years of relevant experience; a BS/BA degree with at least 15 years of relevant experience or a degree less than a BS/BA with at least 20 years of experience.
- Experience of environmental approval processes with power generation projects in Nigeria and ESG reporting per various international standards
- Experience of working with government departments in emerging market environments.
- Effective communication skills and ability to coordinate between various stakeholders, including government departments and private sector organisations, Development Financial institutions (DFIs), local commercial banks, etc.
- Work independently within established guidelines, prioritize and coordinate activities, and meet critical deadlines
- Work cooperatively with others; build and maintain constructive relationships with those encountered during course of work; respond effectively and tactfully to hostility, confusion or concerns expressed by others
- Effectively represent the department in contacts and relationships with the public, local business community and other government agencies
- Use sound judgment and personal initiative to accomplish assignments
- Use appropriate interpersonal style and approach to ensure team cohesiveness and cooperation
- Locate, research, interpret, and apply environmental laws and regulations
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and produce concise, accurate and impartial reports, narratives, summaries and recommendations
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities:
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge - Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership - Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance.
- As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Applicants should send their Applications to: email@example.com