Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference the lives of children in need. We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world.
Expatriate contract under Swiss labour code 3’400 CHF (~2’950 €) < > 4’750 CHF (~4’100 €) net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight. Duration: 2.5 months.
As HR Coordinator, the objectives of this position is: 1) to formalize the HR policies in a SoPs, with guidelines and templates if necessary; 2) to improve the HR Unit with the recruitment and the training of 2 or 3 additional staff(1 deputy and 1 or 2 officers).
HR Policies Management
- S/He will develop/modify the process and templates needed for the routine of the HR treatment (payroll, leaves.
- S/He will formalize the HR policies in terms of guidelines, procedures, and tools related to recruitment, compensation, administrative management, disciplinary aspects, the management of individual trajectories within the organization and any other aspect identified in the assessment. S/He/will work in close partnership with the Legal Advisor and the Tax Advisor in order to ensure the respect of the Nigerian legal framework. S/He shall collaborate with the Financial Coordinator for proper consideration of budgetary constraints.
- S/He will support the Head of Units in making sure that the rules and procedures are known, understood, and implemented by all operational teams , and that they have all tools needed for their application (internal regulations, employment contracts, job profiles, etc.).
- S/He will pilot the proposition of improvement of the salary grid which will be submitted to the Country Representative.
HR routine Management
S/He will supervise the routine of the recently created HR/Adm Unit:
- Pilote the recruitments application phase; treating the contracting (first contracting, renewal, amendements; end of contracting, induction process, etc.);
- Handel the proper filing/archiving of all the TdH’s employee cases.
- Supervise the appraisal process of the employees (especially in the lime of the upcoming of the end of the 2018 year)
- Track the career development in TdH Nigeria
- Ensure that the regular support tools related to HR, supposed to be applied by the other units are properly used.
- S/He will manage the visa application process / Tracking for the international staff
- S/He will manage the allocation of the ID Card, Business cards, phone bundles for the staff
- S/He will ensure the regular updating of the contact list of the delegation
- S/He will manage and track the rental contract for the facilities (accomodations/office)
- She will manage the booking related to the domestics and international travels (accommodation, flights, etc.), except for the Helicopter field dropping-off/picking-up.
- S/He will supervise the housing keeping staff for the facilities.
- She will ensure the proper maintenance of the facilities (offices and guesthouses).
This function requires a degree in Business Administration, or other relevant HR/Business Administration training. Experience dealing with sensitive topics and an appreciation for how these issues are dealt with in different cultural contexts. Training in gender issues would be an asset. Experience in cross-cultural settings would be an asset. Prior overseas experience would be an asset.
As well as the following specific « professional » competencies:
- Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English C2, French an asset (some worldwide tools have not been translated yet).
Experiences and aptitudes:
- At least 5 years previous experience of seniority in an INGO at a management position in the fieldld (expatriation)
- Extensive project management experience (management; planning; staff development and training skills) in emergency · Management experience and strong team leadership qualities
- Excellent knowledge of office management and strong command of administrative tools
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure.
Tdh has established a Country Office in Nigeria since the last quarter of- 2017 to try to complete the covering a part of the needs of crisis affected people. For the moment, the organization is operating only in Borno State, essentially in the Eastern Part of the State, the Eastern Crescent -> from the North-East (Cross Kuawa, Kukawa, Monguno) to (Konduga, Gwoza, Banki). Some of the operations are implemented with the collaboration of a local partner (CHAD). TdH is targeting people's affected by the crisis by addressing some humanitarian gaps related to the access to some primary needs (Water Supply, Non Food Items distributions, Hygiene Promotion) or social basic services (as Child Protection, Educational Support, Primary Health Care…).
Professional experience required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) career website on www.tdh.ch to apply