Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and has been a continuous leader in development and humanitarian response within Nigeria - focusing on the three Strategic Program Areas of Agriculture, Health and Emergency Response. Below are the existing vacancies within the country program.
Nutrition Project Manager
Reports To: Markets Program Manager II
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria.
Job Ref Code: NPM181018
Primary Job Responsibilities
The Nutrition Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall management and technical direction of CRS nutrition program targeting vulnerable IDPs and host communities in NE Nigeria. Reporting to the Markets Program Manager II with accountability to the Nutrition Officers, and Nutrition Community Mobilizers, the Nutrition PM will undertake the following responsibilities related to project cycle management, technical direction, and program development:
Technical/Administrative, Program Quality and Implementation
- Ensure quality and timely field level implementation of the Nutrition program
- against set objectives, targets and work plans
- Advise and assist CRS nutrition team in developing project specific strategies, tools, systems and plans.
- Ensure that nutrition programs utilize international best practices, policies and
- guidelines, in line with Ministry of Health and WHO/UNICEF
- Oversee the collection and timely reporting of data and statistics for all nutrition programs in line with CRS guidelines and according to donor requirements
- Actively monitor programs/projects through field visits, surveys and/or exchange of information with partners to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution
Program Development and Strategic Planning
- Contribute to and support in carrying-out the situation analysis for the nutrition sector to ensure timely and current data on maternal and child nutrition are available for the designing, development and management of nutrition projects.
- Identify opportunities for program and proposal development in line with the CRS's and donor guidelines
- Participate in proposal writing and budget development processes for nutrition program
- Lead technical assessments as a basis for nutrition program development when necessary to monitor evolving needs of the target communities and adjust the programmatic priorities as necessary
Capacity Building and Supervision
- Ensure the capacity building of CRS nutrition team and partner staff through on-job training, technical guidance and coaching sessions while ensuring staff performance evaluation plans are developed
- Ensure appropriate support to the nutrition team by regular field visits and provide targeted technical feedback
- Develop capacity building plans and strategies and identify relevant training
- opportunities for CRS and partner staff to advance knowledge and skills in nutrition.
- Monitor staffing needs and assist the recruitment of local staff and support staff development through mentoring to enhance the capacity of project and partner staff
- Develop a process for ensuring quality and safety of nutrition related activities and products
Coordination and Representation
- Represent CRS at nutrition sector working group meetings and coordination forums UN, international and national NGOs for nutrition coordination as needed at the LGA and state level
- Ensure a good coordination with other CRS partners staff, nutrition field teams and provide frequent feedback and updates
- Develop new and manage existing relationships with key stakeholders and the potential collaborators for nutrition programs;
- Support the development of field-based reports to CRS and/or external donors, as necessary
- Conduct any other programming responsibility delegated by the supervisor
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Nutrition, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in nutrition program implementation with an international humanitarian NGO
- Experience with nutrition in emergencies (CMAM, IYCF-E, data collection),
- preferably in the Nigerian context
- Experience in conducting nutrition assessments (SMART, KAP surveys) and an understanding of nutritional information systems
- Proven experience in project design and implementation, proposal-writing,
- budgeting and financial management in nutrition
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, and program management.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Markets Program Manager, Nutrition Officers, CMs, Emergency Coordinator, MEAL Coordinator.
- External: Partner staff, relevant nutrition stakeholders e.g. UN bodies, local and INGOs, local and national authorities
- Travel: Willingness to travel about 50% of the time.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested candidates should download the CRS Application Form using the link (https://bit.ly/2B9iJB9), fill and send with a detailed resume as one document in pdf indicating position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application.
Completed applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for submission is
COB (i.e. 5:00pm), October 31, 2018.