HMO Nurse at Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
Posted on: 19 October, 2018
Deadline: 31 October, 2018
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital - World class Healthcare; Olive has assembled some of the best ranges of specialised medical care services for everyone
- Provision of hands-on care to patients by administering medications, managing intravenous lines, observing and monitoring patients' conditions, maintaining records and communicating with doctors.
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
- Advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management give direction and supervision to nurse aides and home health aides.
- Provide emotional support to patients and patients' family members and educate patients and the general public on disease management, special diet plans and medical conditions.
- Help patients and their families understand how to manage their diseases or health issues and provide information on home care after their treatment and teach individuals how to self-administer medication or complete other self-care tasks.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients' conditions
- Observe and record patients' vital signs
- Prepare patients for surgery and assist with procedures
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, calling for assistance from health care support personnel
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing from a reputable university, professional qualification would be an advantage.
- Registered nurse
- NYSC Discharged Certificate
- Minimum of three years working experience.
- Sound knowledge on health insurance policy and process (HMO)
- Knowledge of the medications to be provided to the patients
- Good communications skills
- Ability to access the patient's needs quickly is very important in such critical cases
- Respond promptly to emergency situations and take appropriate decisions
- Should be comfortable working in various settings.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org using only the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Recent Jobs from Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Pediatric Nurse at Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
- Facility Manager at Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
- Medical Record Officer at Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
- Know More About Olive Multi-Specialist HospitalSimilar Jobs
- Health Program Assistant at The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Consulting Physician - AUN Health Center at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Programme Officer (Nutritionist) at Making of Champions Limited
- Social Worker at INTERSOS
- Technical Malaria Specialist at Catholic Relief Services
- Community Health Outreach Support Officer (CHOSO) at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- Project Officer - WASH at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- Radiographer at Paelon Memorial Clinic