African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Senior Business Applications Engineer - CHIS2
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000544
- The Vice-President, Human Resources and Corporate Services will lead the effort to digitalize and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resources policies that enhance talent, drive a performance-driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice
- Under the direction of the President, s/he will drive a new corporate culture that rewards creativity and innovation and attracts and retains a world class workforce into the Bank.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The Corporate IT Services Department (CHIS) is mandated by the Bank to deliver the best possible IT services for Bank staff, and help achieve the results that will get the Bank closer to accomplishing its development goals.
- The principal mission of the division (CHIS2) is to ensure that the IT infrastructure of the Bank fits the needs of the Institution and functions in an efficient and cost effective manner to support the bank’s operations
- The Bank’s infrastructure consisting of high end servers, storage and data protection system supports applications, such as SAP based ERP, BI, financial risk, email, content management, etc.
- The main objective of this position is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the Bank’s Information Systems and warrants proactive and reactive work to resolve infrastructure system and applications issues in an efficient, timely, and effective manner to minimize business downtime
- The incumbent works closely with PMO office to support programmes and projects implementing business solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, the incumbent will carry the following duties:
Design Systems and Applications to Fit Business Requirements:
- Participate in the Architecture Review Board sessions to design the IT and OS infrastructure platforms architecture that will support business and infrastructure applications.
- Analyze the IT operational needs of the organizations and make recommendations.
- Manage IT infrastructure solutions and applications’ acquisition process (budget planning, technical specification, evaluation committee, contract negotiation, etc.).
Deploy and Maintain Applications, Servers and Storage Systems Infrastructure:
- Install, configure and test operating systems, application software and system management tools with respect to change management policies.
- Implement and Manage productivity tools to maintain proactive alerting on performance and availability aspects.
- Maintain Operating systems and applications up to date to minimize systems vulnerabilities.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system automation and minimize human errors.
- Establish a schedule of preventive maintenance to ensure optimum performance of equipment.
- Interface with technology vendors for equipment servicing, training, etc. whether guarantee or routine maintenance.
Provide 2nd and 3rd Level Support on Operating Systems, Applications, Storage and Data Protection Systems:
- Manage service requests, problems and incidents raised through the bank IT service Desk within established SLAs.
- Open and manage service requests with service providers as and when required.
- Provide advice and guidance to systems development and service delivery staff on the correct and effective use of system hardware and software.
- Provide advice and guidance to Country Offices IT staff.
- Provide timely communication to stakeholders during incidents and problems management.
Ensure Servers, Applications and Storage Systems Readiness for the Bank’s Business Continuity Plan:
- As part of the business continuity team, participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of the IT disaster recovery plan
- Perform Business Continuity Plan tests
- Configure data protection systems (backup/restore) for corporate applications and data.
Enforce IT security Policies:
- Enforce the bank’s security policies for operating systems and applications.
- Follow up and implement IT audit recommendations where applicable.
Maintain Up to Date Infrastructure and Applications Documentation:
- Draft procedures, operational guides.
- Maintain the configuration management database
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Master's Degree in Computer Science Engineering or a related discipline
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in a similar position including (3) years in an international institution
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows or UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Experience in performance tuning techniques of Operating Systems (CPU, Memory, I/O bottlenecks) and application stacks.
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting infrastructure and business applications (Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL; etc…)
- Experience in setup of all aspects (Network, Storage, HA, DR,) of any one of the enterprise virtualization platforms (VMware, Xen, KVM, PowerVM, and Hyper-V).
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Experience in infrastructure and business Applications (Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, etc…)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., PowerShell, shell scripts, Perl or Python).
- Good knowledge of SAN protocols (FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS).
- Experience in Application Delivery Solution (NetScaler, Nginx, Big-IP etc.).
- Experience with Disaster Recovery technologies and solutions.
- Experience with backup and data protection solutions (replication, snapshots).
- ITIL foundation certification
- Good organizational skills and ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to communicate in English and/or French or good working knowledge for other language.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.