Senior Program Officer - Innovative and Sustainable Finance Summit at Welcome2Africa
Posted on: 17 October, 2018
Deadline: 30 October, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Welcome2Africa
Welcome2Africa International - Founded upon the vision to redefine the image of Africa, Welcome2Africa International is a private sector development company committed to the positive economic growth of Africa. In addition to the consultancy services we provide for our clients, we develop and initiate a range of activities to catalyze and facilitate investment, trade and business interest into and across Africa - All with a current focus and commitment to the positive development and transformation of Africa's Agribusiness sector.
Senior Program Officer - Innovative and Sustainable Finance Summit
Job Duration: 6 Months (With likely extension)
- The Innovative and Sustainable Finance Edition of the Agrique Africa Investment Summit (ISF), follows on from previous events held in London, Ghana, Nigeria, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
- The purpose of these summits is to create an environment where investors, donors, financiers and key Agribusiness stakeholders can gain a better understanding of the intricacies of investing in Africa's Agribusiness sector.
- The ISF is scheduled to take place in Luxembourg on 28th + 29th, April 2019
The duties of this position are set out below:
- The core responsibility of creating and managing the program in line with the vision, goals and objective of ISF.
- Creation and preparation of conference content and agenda for ISF
- To identify and invite speakers and maintaining communication throughout the conference production cycle.
- To highlight possible sponsors and support the marketing of sponsorship opportunities for events and supervising the work of sales and marketing staff
- To plan for a post-conference internal and external reports
- To write the conference program and to attend to all matters relating to and/or ancillary to the successful conducting of the event.
- Onsite Attendance - Attending events to ensure excellent delivery and smooth running on the day. Often this will include opening your conference. This is an opportunity to represent the company and to network with key players and speakers within the sector.
- Document and disseminate program outlines prior to the summit.
- Monitor program's operations with respect to timeline.
- Develop and manage program objectives and strategies for a successful summit.
- Identification of and making contact with key speakers for the conference.
- Invitation of speakers - securing their profiles and pictures
- Keep up-to date with relevant market information that our target audience will find valuable and supporting in the marketing and communication effort.
- Assist with pre-logistics and post-logistics planning of the mission.
- Assist with undertaking other duties as directed by senior project officer and project director.
- Also, you will be required to perform these duties, and any other duties the employer may assign to you, having regard to your skills, training and experience.
- B.Sc. Degree in any discipline
- Must have a good understanding of Africa’s Agribusiness Sector
- Must have some relevant corporate experience.
- Must have excellent research ability
- Must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to use initiative is essential, as applicant will be required to work with minimal supervision at times
- Must be computer literate as use of databases / IT skill is essential.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are essential.
- Capable and friendly with strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to take over existing matters and hit the ground running.
- The successful candidate must be organized and disciplined and have the ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be mobile and willing to travel within the country and outside of the country
- Must be fluent in English.
- Applicant must reside in Abuja, as the company will not provide accommodation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
- Know More About Welcome2AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Director, Agri Input - Expatriate at Adexen
- Agronomist - Rice Specialist at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Consulting Manager at TL First
- Consultancy services for Gender and Age Sensitive Local Labour Market Survey in Dikwa, Bama and Mongono Local Government Areas of Borno State North East Nigeria at Plan International
- International Value for Money (VFM) Consultant at UNICEF
- General Manager- Agribusiness at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Consultant (MM/Mapping of Specialised Technical Agencies) at International Organization for Migration - IOM
- Field Agronomist at Solidaridad West Africa (SWA)