Ebonyi State College of Education - The Governing Council of Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer of the College who is responsible to the Provost for the overall administration and coordination of the College Library, its branches in the Schools and Departments, as well as in providing services for the entire College community.
- Forming overall library policies, personal contacts and liaison with the departments
- Preparation of library Budgets
- Engaging in matters of common interest
- Responsible to the Provost for the day to day smooth running of the College Library.
Qualification and Experience
Candidates for the post of College Librarian should not be below the rank of Deputy Librarian and must possess the following requirements:
- Minimum of an MLS with at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience
- Relevant scholarly publications in journals and textbooks equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer is a must
- Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- A member of Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria
- Evidence of attendance of a continuous mandatory professional development course/council annual workshops.
- Candidates must have spent at least 5 years as Deputy Librarian.
- The appointment of the candidate is for an initial period of four (4) years in the first instance, and may be eligible for reappointment for a second term of four (4) years subject to satisfactory performance.
Condition of Service
- Candidates will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the terms and conditions for staff of Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo, and according to other conditions which may be approved from time to time by the Governing Council of the College in consultation with the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE).
- Candidates must submit in clear terms in not more than two pages, their vision and mission statements for the College in the next four (4) years with particular reference to their office of interest.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) type-written copies of their Applications (including Curriculum Vitae and credentials), giving the following information as listed below:
- Full Name
- Mobile Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Postal Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional bodies
- List of Academic journals and publications, where applicable
- Experience, posts held with duration, salaries and dates
- Evidence of proficiency in ICT (packages and capacities)
- Societal linkages
- Report of medical fitness (from a Government Hospital)
- Present occupation and status(s), Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be in a position to supply applicant’s academic and professional references
- Signature and date.
Applications should be enclosed in an envelop marked “Provost” at the "Right Hand Corner" and addressed to:
Ebonyi State College of Education,
P.M.B. 002, Ikwo,
Note: In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees on the Curriculum Vitae, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the "Registrar and Secretary to the Council", Ebonyi State College of Education Ikwo, Ebonyi State, Nigeria.