Ebonyi State College of Education - The Governing Council of Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College, and he is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administrative work of the College.
- The Registrar is the secretary to the Council
- The Registrar is the Secretary to the Academic Board
- The Registrar is the Secretary to the College Management
- The Registrar is expected to organize, direct and coordinate the operations of administrative system of all the units in Registry Department for the overall achievement of the goals of the College
- Other duties as may be assigned to him from time to time by the Provost.
Qualification and Experience
Candidates for the post of the Registrar should not be below the rank of a Deputy Registrar, and must possess the following requirements:
- Possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University
- Have had at least fifteen (15) years experience in tertiary institution Administration
- Be a member of a recognized administrative professional body
- Be physically and mentally fit
- Be proficient in ICT packages and capacities
- Be a person of high integrity and good leadership qualities
- Have evidence of community services
- Possession of a higher Degree will be an advantage.
- Candidates must have spent at least 5 years as Deputy Registrar.
- The appointment of the candidate is for an initial period of four (4) years in the first instance, and may be eligible for reappointment for a second term of four (4) years subject to satisfactory performance.
Condition of Service
- Candidates will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the terms and conditions for staff of Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo, and according to other conditions which may be approved from time to time by the Governing Council of the College in consultation with the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE).
- Candidates must submit in clear terms in not more than two pages, their vision and mission statements for the College in the next four (4) years with particular reference to their office of interest.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) type-written copies of their Applications (including Curriculum Vitae and credentials), giving the following information as listed below:
- Full Name
- Mobile Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Postal Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional bodies
- List of Academic journals and publications, where applicable
- Experience, posts held with duration, salaries and dates
- Evidence of proficiency in ICT (packages and capacities)
- Societal linkages
- Report of medical fitness (from a Government Hospital)
- Present occupation and status(s), Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be in a position to supply applicant’s academic and professional references
- Signature and date.
Applications should be enclosed in an envelop marked “Provost” at the "Right Hand Corner" and addressed to:
Ebonyi State College of Education,
P.M.B. 002, Ikwo,
Note: In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees on the Curriculum Vitae, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the "Registrar and Secretary to the Council", Ebonyi State College of Education Ikwo, Ebonyi State, Nigeria.