Ebonyi State College of Education - The Governing Council of Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
- Subject to the general control of the Governing Council, the Provost shall be the Chief Executive of the College and shall be charged with the general responsibility for matters relating to the day-to-day management/operations of the College.
- The Provost is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College
- He has statutory power to exercise general authority over the staff, and has the responsibility for the discipline in the College
- The Provost is responsible for the appointment, promotion and discipline of all staff below CONTEDISS 6, that is junior staff, acting on the recommendation of the Junior Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
- The Provost is the Chairman of the Academic Board
- The Provost is expected to attend all meetings of Council and to provide Council with periodic reports on the progress of the College
- He is also expected to ensure that decisions of Council are carried out fully, and promptly.
- As an Accounting Officer of the College, the Provost is responsible for authorizing all payments. Though he may delegate authority for certain votes to other officers, but he must be responsible for ensuring that all payments are in accordance with Government Financial Regulation, Treasury Circulars and Council’s decisions within this framework
- As the Accounting Officer of the College, he must ensure that sound financial management is put in place and should be advised by the Bursar on all financial matters
- The Provost is responsible for ensuring that meetings of Council and its Committees are properly serviced
- If the Provost is on leave or otherwise absent with the permission of the Council, the Deputy Provost shall perform the duties of the Provost, including representing him on the Council
- The Provost may delegate to the Deputy Provost other functions that will make the latter fully functional as the Acting Provost
- Any other duty which the Council may from time to time assign to him.
Qualification and Experience
To be eligible for appointment as a Provost of the College, the candidate must:
- Be a Professor or a Chief Lecturer of at least five (5) years cognate experience
- Have education qualification plus Ph.D in one of the subjects taught at NCE programme
- Have evidence of academic and administrative leadership
- Have evidence of Professional standing/honours
- Be proficient in ICT packages and capacities
- Have evidence of community services.
- The Provost will normally be appointed for a period of four (4) years in the first instance and is eligible for a re-appointment for another period of four (4) years subject to a satisfactory performance.
Condition of Service
- Candidates will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the terms and conditions for staff of Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo, and according to other conditions which may be approved from time to time by the Governing Council of the College in consultation with the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE).
- Candidates must submit in clear terms in not more than two pages, their vision and mission statements for the College in the next four (4) years with particular reference to their office of interest.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) type-written copies of their Applications (including Curriculum Vitae and credentials), giving the following information as listed below:
- Full Name
- Mobile Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Postal Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional bodies
- List of Academic journals and publications, where applicable
- Experience, posts held with duration, salaries and dates
- Evidence of proficiency in ICT (packages and capacities)
- Societal linkages
- Report of medical fitness (from a Government Hospital)
- Present occupation and status(s), Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be in a position to supply applicant’s academic and professional references
- Signature and date.
Applications should be enclosed in an envelop marked “Provost” at the "Right Hand Corner" and addressed to:
Ebonyi State College of Education,
P.M.B. 002, Ikwo,
Note: In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees on the Curriculum Vitae, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the "Registrar and Secretary to the Council", Ebonyi State College of Education Ikwo, Ebonyi State, Nigeria.