The University of Ibadan is the oldest and most prestigious Nigerian University. A research intensive postgraduate University. it has attained a position of eminence in various disciplines and remains a major player in the development of the much needed human capital in Africa.
Chief Security Officer
- The importance of security of lives and property in the attainment of the goals and objectives of any organisation cannot be over-emphasised. The Chief Security Officer, therefore, plays a key role in the overall achievement of the Vision and Mission of the University of Ibadan, He is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor through the Chairman, Council Committee on Security. He must also be able to provide the University Administration with regular security briefs, information and piece of advice for appropriate use.
- Applicants for this position must be those with clear vision, proven track records and professional ability and distinction in either private or government establishments. In addition, they must have a clear knowledge of the structure and terrain of the University of’ Ibadan campus.
- The applicants should have exemplary leadership qualities capable of engendering the trust of the University Administration, loyalty of staff and cooperation of the various publics he will interact with. Applicants must also be confident and proactive.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must be a graduate of a recognised University (but specialty in Psychology or Criminology will be an advantage) with 18 years cognate experience in security related jobs, four (4) of which must have been in Campus Security. The candidate may be an Ex-Superior Police Officer, not below the rank of a Chief Superintendent of Police or its equivalent from the Armed Forces.
CONTISS 13: (N1,456,399.00 - N1,919,655.00).
Condition of Service
As applicable in Federal Universities and as may be determined by the Governing Council of the University from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should candidates should forward applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae, twenty (20) copies stating their full names (surname first), Date of Birth (not age), Gender, Marital Status, State of Origin, Postal/E-mail Addresses, Full Qualifications with Dates, Work experience and Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
They should also forward a "Two-page statement of their Vision and Mission" along with two (2) Photostat copies of their certificates to:
University of lbadan,
- Applicants are requested to inform their Referees to send Confidential Reports on them, using letter-head papers, direct to the "Registrar, University of Ibadan", from whom further details may be obtained.
- Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.