Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full Time Human Resources - Entry Level
Starting date: November
Direct Line Manager: Resourcing Officer
Objective 1 - The HR Resourcing Assistant will support the HR Resourcing Officer in achieving its core objectives:
- Assist in ensuring strategic management, development and recruitment of national staff in line with mission human resources requirements for programs and support positions.
- Provide professional support to hiring managers and candidates throughout the recruitment process, from offer to start as well as ensuring appropriate resources are deployed to achieve the mission’s values and principles.
- Provide comprehensive support function to the HR team for adhoc tasks and future organizational projects.
Objective 2 - Recruitment:
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of Base National staff.
- Support in advertising campaigns within budget– online and other media as appropriate.
- Support the long listing of applicants, where required.
- Prepare recruitment materials and documents as required.
- Ensure consistency in the application of the Human Resources policies across Base programmes.
- Support the Resourcing Officer to ensure the maintenance of Action Against Hunger recruitment module and all candidates receive timely communication and feedback.
Objective 3 - HR Administration:
- Provide administrative support to Action Against Hunger HR team.
- Ensure consistency in the filing system of Base HR Documents.
- Collate, maintain and provide recruitment reports as agreed with the Resourcing Officer.
- Assist in ensuring the effectiveness of AAH recruitment policy and participate in other HR related projects.
Objective 4 - Other Recruitment:
- Assist regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Assist research and recommend new sources for attracting and screening active candidate.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale and source new candidates’ leads.
Objective 5 - Enumerator Pool Management:
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Enumerator Pool tracking sheets and files
- Responsible for selecting and contacting suitable Enumerators for approved various programme activities for AAH.
- Responsible for drafting Enumerator Daily Hire Contracts and following up on necessary validation.
- Ensuring the maintenance of electronic and hard copies of all validated Daily Hire Request and contracts.
Objective 6 - Additional Responsibilities:
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- Maintenance of high technical standards.
- Conduct all duties in a Professional manner following Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission staff regulations, Action Against Hunger mandate and charter.
Internal & External Relationship
- Resourcing Officer: Line manager, exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination.
- Other Departments: collaboration, coordination, and exchange of information.
- Abuja and field-based HR team: collaboration, coordination, and exchange of information.
- Job applicants and inquiries.
- Employment Offer Letter Tracker
- Recruitment Tracker
- Degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management or equivalent year of experience.
Skills & Experience
- Experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions, 1+ years
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Excellent computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Previous experience working for INGOs is an asset.
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms/practices.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.