Horn of Revival Publishing is seeking qualified applicants for the role below
A reputable printing and publishing house in Abuja is seeking applications from experienced professionals for the position of an Editor to perform responsibilities of transcribing audios, editing, proof reading, research and creative content development.
The qualified editor will produce high quality writing. He/she will plan, coordinate, write, review and edit content and provide exceptional, informative and engaging content.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables:
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Research and/or write or edit products into reader-friendly products devoid of jargon and acronyms
- Ensure clarity, consistency and readability of the text for the intended audience
- Correct all grammar mistakes and remove all redundancies to make content clear
- Produce reader-friendly products, appropriate for audience, devoid of jargon, acronyms and technicalities. These products to include, content for the web page and web articles, blogs, brochures, and reports among others.
- Review and correct grammar and spelling mistakes
- Review and revise formatting of documents, where required
- Standardized formatting of the tables, where required
- Review and revise table of contents / list of acronyms / tables, where required
- Ensure standards of excellence in our productions.
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills:
- First degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Literature, English
- Eight years’ experience as a writer/editor of high quality international standard
- Demonstrated ability to write/edit in a minimum time without losing the essentials of meaning and objectives of the materials
- Previous experience of writing about Christian issues Computer literate
- Experience working in a development / humanitarian environment desirable
- Fluency in English; fluency in another Nigerian language an advantage.
- Membership of a related professional body is an added advantage
The editor will be a full time paid position of up to 40 hours per week within regular office hours Monday through Friday. However, it is recognized that this is a dedicated service and it may be necessary to spend time in attendance at various meetings outside of normal hours.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.