Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow for communities challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. On the ground in nearly 40 countries, Pact’s integrated adaptive approach is shaping the future of international development.
Deputy Chief of Party
Pact seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for the USAID-funded five-year Community Initiatives to Promote Peace (CIPP) Activity in Nigeria, which seeks to strengthen inter-faith, interethnic, and other local conflict mitigation networks to support and promote peaceful coexistence, good governance, and religious freedoms in targeted communities. This position is contingent on award.
The Deputy Chief of Party acts as the COP and serves as the principal point of contact in Nigeria for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP. The DCOP will be responsible for all the day-to-day technical activities and the implementation of the activity.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as social sciences, law, development studies, etc. However, a Bachelor’s degree and five (5) additional years of relevant international development experience can be substituted for the Master’s degree.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to conflict mitigation and/or violent extremism prevention programs – at least three (3) years of which must be in senior program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
- Prior experience in awarding and managing sub-grants to local organizations to promote conflict mitigation, violent extremism prevention, and/or democracy and governance goals.
- Experience working in the conflict mitigation/preventing violent extremism sector in Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and oversee the quality of all technical activities, providing direction, feedback and support to ensure success.
- Ensure program adherence to internationally accepted technical norms and standards of practices.
- Provide input into and assure that all donor reporting requirements on program impact are met and assist implementing partners/grantees in setting up reporting and tracking systems to provide such information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Facilitate continuous quality assessment and improvement and ensure that program best practices are documented and disseminated throughout the program cycle.
- Ensure effective coordination and communication and standards of practice among each partner organization.
- Ensure high quality program delivery and the cost-effective use of Pact and USAID resources.
- Ensure provision of management support and technical assistance to grantees on program design, budget/work plan development, and M&E planning.
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates, as requested.
- Establish and manage Pact’s local technical training activities.
- Ensure that the most up-to-date information regarding the programs or initiatives shared via a range of mechanisms: including reports, newsletters, and the Internet.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the COP.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is close of business on Friday 19th October 2018, however applications will be considered on a rolling basis. All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.