NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
WaSH Technical Assistant
WaSH Technical Assistant - Damasak
WaSH Technical Assistant - Nigerian Nationals Only
Location Damasak Application Link
Location Dikwa Application Link
- To assist WASH Technical officer in coordination of the WASH Technical activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- To assist the WASH Technical officer in all aspects of WASH Technical programs planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- To assist in the identification of community water and sanitation needs
- To assess the water and sanitation training needs of the community and assists in the development of appropriate training materials and plans
- Provides technical assistance to the WASH Technical officer and local counterparts on issues of water and sanitation information and communication strategies
- Assists in the establishment, and training of community based WASH committees as well as monitoring their performance
- Assists in the compilation of weekly and monthly WASH Technical reports, program documents, project proposals, and budgets
- Assist WASH Technical officer in Breaking down the annual operational
- To assist in ensuring that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
- Bsc or Higher diploma in civil, Water Resources engineering or Geology(BAC+5) minimum
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from working with WASH Technical projects in humanitarian/recovery context. Experience from working with social work and/or with distribution of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Previous 2-3 years’ work experience in community based water, Sanitation programs; Work experience with an NGO is desirable
- Must have knowledge of emergency Water supply, Hygiene, Sanitation requirements and protocols
- Familiarity with international minimum standards of Hygiene, Sanitation and shelter service delivery (i.e., SPHERE) is an advantage
- Must have previous experience in training and Training of Trainers.
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken – in English required.
- Fluency in one or more of the national/regional languages (Hausa and Kanuri preferred)
- Must be willing to work as a team member, take direction, and share technical skills with colleagues and counterparts
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required,
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, GPS, ArcGIS and Google Earth is strongly desirable
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: October 2018
- Duration: 3 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Damasak, with frequent travels. Travel outside Damasak is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.