The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
Department: AUN Hotel
Summary Of Position
- The Sound Engineer identify the sound requirements for a given events/activities and provide support as may be required.
- He/She is required to assemble, operate and maintain the technical equipment used for live event in line with the established standards and procedures of the American University of Nigeria Events and Ceremonies department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, and Sound Engineering.
- Three years’ post NYSC experience working in same or similar position
- Possess requisite experience with AV and Video technologies and usage
- Good working knowledge of AV practices and procedures, as well as AV set-up and staging.
- Great ability and willingness to work under stress and extended hours, including weekends and public holidays. In addition, must be willing to travel outside Yola (Michika, Mubi, etc) as may be assigned.
- Manual Dexterity: Must be able to provide examples of use of hand & power tools and other related mechanical/electrical equipment.
- Must demonstrated evidence of utilizing safe work practices.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills are a must.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft applications.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume, Cover Letters and references to: email@example.com before the closing date above.
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the e-mail
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Sound Engineer - firstname.lastname@example.org