eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
Deputy Manager, Warehouse
Location: Rann, Borno
Purpose of the Job
- The Deputy Warehouse Manager, works under the supervision of the Warehouse Manager to effectively oversee inventory and coordinate handling and storage procedures.
- The deputy warehouse manager will ensure that all commodities at the warehouse are handled and stored in a safe, timely and coordinated manner.
- S/He will assist in managing the inventory system and keep abreast of the costs that are involved in the management of commodities at the warehouse. Generally support the operations at eHA’s storage facilities as requested.
What you’ll do
To perform this role successfully, the Deputy Warehouse Manager will perform the following responsibilities which may include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coordination and tracking of store movement and goods supplies. Keep accurate waybill records.
- Work closely with the manager in the management of stock using the internal warehouse and stock management procedures.
- Perform a variety of tasks related to the Asset Management function. Log all new assets in the asset register and ensure the appropriate coding and labeling of assets. Update asset register regularly with changes and new acquisitions.
- Perform various warehousing tasks and operations using dedicated software applications and databases.
- Provide weekly warehouse report, asset database and inventory tracking report to the warehouse manager.
- Meet warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Meet warehouse financial standards by monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Move inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from the warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Deliver supplies and equipment to departments by receiving and transferring items.
- Accomplish warehouse and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Participate in and promote a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Must always adhere to policies and procedures.
- Will adhere to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Work with partner organizations in meeting their item storage and withdrawal needs.
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Warehousing, Logistics, Procurement or any other related field.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively related experience, with at least 1 years supporting fair and open procurements including conducting cost/price analyses, preferred vendor negotiations, and working within US government regulations.
- Experience working with US government-funded acquisition and assistance instruments preferred.
- 1 year experience with an NGO at a supervisory level.
- Must have an understanding regarding health and safety for self, others.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for you to successfully perform this job:
- Exhibit professionalism in the workplace at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through.
- Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things.
- Being helpful, respectful, and approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Strong leadership skills, discipline and outstanding organizational skills.
- Exhibit a great amount of flexibility in delivering your duties.
- Ability to work in distant locations under minimal supervision.
- Exhibit a high sense security consciousness and alertness at all times and working effectively with security forces to ensure the safety of lives and properties.
Why work for us?
- Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology. We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.