Medical Records Officer at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
Posted on: 10 October, 2018
Deadline: 22 October, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Association for Reproductive and
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Medical Records Officer
Locaion: Ibadan, Oyo state
- Creates new medical records and retrieves existing medical records by gathering appropriate record folders and contents; assigning and recording new record numbers; verifying existing record numbers; inputting and recording locations to computer; delivering records.
- Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources; interacting with registration areas and physicians’ offices; retrieving information from automated printer.
- Maintains master patient index by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail; corrects and communicates problems according to established procedures.
- Initiates the medical record by creating and processing the patient care record folder. Manually & Electronically
- Maintains record availability by processing charts into the department; using chart mark-off procedures; facilitating chart location activities.
- Retrieves medical records by following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons charts cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
- Delivers charts to assigned areas of the hospital by following established routing procedures.
- Keeps health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
- Maintains quality results by following hospital standards.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances medical records and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Heath Information or Computer Science with at least 2 years of working experience. The applicant must also possess the following skills:
- Computer literacy, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus, Professionalism, Productivity, Thoroughness, Coordination, Deadline-Oriented, Internal Communications, Reporting Skills
Method of Application
And also send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and other credentials with a Cover Letter (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com
- Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide functional e-mail/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Please provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Interested and qualified? Go to Association for Reproductive and Family Health career website on docs.google.com to apply
- Recent Jobs from Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Cleaner/Clinic Assistant at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Cash Officer at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Clinical Nursing Officer/Nurse Midwife at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Peri-Operative Nurse at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Medical Laboratory Scientist at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Know More About Association for Reproductive and Family HealthSimilar Jobs
- Psychosocial Support (PSS) Worker at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
- Nutrition Project Manager at Catholic Relief Services
- HMO Nurse at Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
- Nutrition Sector Coordinator, P4, (364 days) at UNICEF
- Digital Marketer at Swift Networks
- Medical Record Officer at Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
- Pediatric Nurse at Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
- Radiography Technician at Marigold Hospital and Critical Care Center