Land Surveyor - QC II at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Posted on: 10 October, 2018
Deadline: 12 October, 2018
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Land Surveyor - QC II
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard Schedule 6 days on/1 Day off
Business Line Requirements:
- Create, manage and maintain Client field database with regular updates for the purpose of obtaining highly accurate data for our navigating vessels.
- Analyze, manage and process satellite imagery and topographic maps with the use of ARC-GIS suite of software. Provide accurate data and charts to meet Upstream Nigeria requests for rig moves, anchor / mooring buoy positioning, seabed and pipeline surveys to avoid safety and environmental incidents during capital projects and routine operations. Review of survey procedures, seabed survey and Rig-move survey inspection, survey
- Equipment Check and Calibration and survey contactor evaluation to Ensure high technical standards during any land or hydrographic survey.
- Create, manage, maintain and regularly update Client Field database from As-built data.
- Create charts for rig move approach, seabed survey, well head drawings, anchor pattern and mooring spread for vessels and positioning barges.
- Coordinate transformation from one coordinate system to another.
- Geo-referencing and digitization of satellite imageries for data extraction.
- Satellite image Processing for mapping
- Data clean-up for dangles, duplicates, overlaps and gaps
- Transformation of all geographically referenced feature class onto correct map projection plane.
- Map Template and Symbology creation of surface and sub-surface feature classes.
- Digitizing of raster files to vector files.
- Contouring and seabed modeling.
- Client Field data migration from CAD to ARC-GIS.
- Printing of Charts for navigating vessels and other various units in Client.
- Land/Offshore Survey advisor and QA/QC surveyor.
- Review of survey procedures
- Seabed survey and Rigmove Survey inspection
- Survey Equipment Check and Calibration
- Critical assessment of in-service marine surveying contractors and bidders during technical evaluation exercise.
- Participate in interface meeting with survey contractors & management walkthrough on survey activities
- Number of incidents and/or severity attributed to wrong anchor / mooring buoy positioning due to inaccurate data from seabed survey and anchor pattern spread.
- Ability to satisfy Clients (JV / EEPNL / Projects).
- Accurate data on survey charts using applicable scale and ratio.
- Good inter-personal skills & team player
- Result Oriented
- Ability to meet set standard / work under tight schedule & pressure
- Good oral & written communication skills
- High integrity
- Ability to work with other people, different Nationalities
Analytical in thinking:
- Registered Surveyor with SURCON.
- Member Nigerian institution of surveyors (NIS).
- Masters (Msc) in Geographic information system (GIS)
- Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc) in Surveying or technology,
- Diploma (ND) Land Surveying
- Sound knowledge of both offshore (seabed & pipeline detection, Rigmove, Anchor handling) and land surveying equipment / uses
- Knowledge of Cpompany Offshore Survey operations
- Seventeen (17) years relevant experience in an Oil and Gas (offshore operations) setting on geographic information system, land and offshore survey
- Personnel management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Amaiden Energy Nigeria career website on amaidenenergy.com to apply
- Know More About Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Quality Surveyor at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Interior Architect at Aframero Limited
- Architect at Locke Homes Limited
- TA Programme Assistant (Construction), GS-5 at UNICEF
- Quantity Surveyor at Stresert Services Limited
- Experienced Land Surveyor at Efficacy Construction Company
- Facility Officer at OutsideinHR Limited
- Facility Manager at Estrada International Staffing Solutions