- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Marine Engineer II at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Posted on: 9 October, 2018
Deadline: 12 October, 2018
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Marine Engineer II
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Rotation - 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In addition to all Level 1 tasks and responsibilities, a Level 2 will:
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- Conduct analytical, environmental, operational, or performance studies in order to develop designs for products, such as marine engines, equipment, and structures.
- Prepare, or direct the preparation of, product or system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Evaluate operation of marine equipment during acceptance testing and shakedown cruises.
- Analyze data in order to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Confer with research personnel in order to clarify or resolve problems, and to develop or modify designs.
- Investigate and observe tests on machinery and equipment for compliance with standards.
- Conduct environmental, operational, or performance tests on marine machinery and equipment.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
- Maintain and coordinate repair of marine machinery and equipment for installation on vessels.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery in order to draw up work requests and job specifications.
- Review work requests, and compare them with previous work completed on ships in order to ensure that costs are economically sound.
- 10-15 years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marine or Civil Engineering or related Engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Risk and Loss Prevention Engineer/Specialist III at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- SSHE Coordinator III at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Know More About Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Technical Operator at BP Business Solutions
- Maintenance Methods Engineer at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Field Service Engineer at ISN Products Limited
- Drilling Engineer / Specialist I at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Maintenance Engineer at Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting
- Topside Inspection Technician (Lifting Equipments and Structures) at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- Topside Inspection Technician (Lifting Equipment and Structures) at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Real Time Machine Operator and Filter at Drury Industries