Group Compliance Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Posted on: 5 October, 2018
Deadline: 26 October, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our client is one of West Africa's leading players in the sales and servicing of motor vehicles.
Group Compliance Manager
Reference Number: 130-PEO00949
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assisting the Board of Directors and Management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities by providing analysis, appraisals, recommendations, counsel and information concerning the activities reviewed to promote effective control and sound business practices to add value to the Company
- Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of an organization to ensure compliance with ethical or regulatory standards
- Provide an objective and independent assurance of the activities of the company, while evaluating and improving the effectiveness of control and governance process
- Ensure compliance with legislations and minimising the company’s exposure to risk.
- Carry out compliance audits covering all operational areas
- Promote and support a culture of compliance and corporate accountability through training and knowledge sharing
- Examine and evaluate the policies, procedures and systems which are in place to ensure: reliability and integrity of information, compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations; safeguarding assets; economical and efficient use of resources; and accomplishment of established objectives and goals for operations or programs.
- Monitor and ensure that all the regulatory and statutory requirements are adhered to and all payments and returns are completed as and when due
- Respond to regulatory inquiries from relevant authorities and ensure all administrative records are up to date
- Review the company’s practices and records for compliance with established rules and regulations
- Conduct investigation of all identified irregularities.
- Manage the internal control system of the Group
- Develop annual internal audit plans
- Carry out routine internal audit of entities in the Group; generate and circulate audit reports and follow up audit observations for corrective actions
- Liaise with external auditors for planning and execution of annual statutory audit
- Generate monthly report.
- Develop a Tax Compliance Calendar for the Group and manage it by ensuring that every entity of the Group complies with all relevant tax regulations and obligations
- Manage the WHT receivable and credit notes portfolio of the Group
- Ensure all tax submissions, remittances and returns are timely and accurately rendered
- Constantly watch out for new tax laws and policies as they are issued by different tax authorities for adoption and implementation
- Professionally, creatively and promptly respond to desk review queries
- Prepare for and manage tax audits at State and Federal levels
- Ensure that annual tax clearance certificates are obtained timely.
- Design and implement an overall risk management plan for the Group
- Assess risks - identify, analyse and estimate potential risks to the Group
- Define risks acceptance criteria for the Group
- Evaluate risks - compare estimated risks with criteria established by the Group
- Generate monthly Risk Management Report.
- A First degree in any discipline
- Recognized professional certification e.g. ACCA, ACA, CITN etc.
- Minimum four years working experience with an accounting or a tax firm, tax unit of a company or government agency
- Hands-on tax operations experience.
- Knowledge of audit standards and regulations
- Risk assessment, analysis and management
- Business process and control analysis
- Auditing/accounting/cost control
- Enterprise risk management
- Investigation and reporting
- Compliance management
- Corporate governance and control
- Persuasion skills.
- Professional Skepticism and confidentiality
- Leadership and people management
- Stakeholder and relationship engagement
- Communication (written & verbal)
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving and decision making
- Attention to details
- Computer skills
- Poise, charisma, energy and versatility.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) career website on ww2.pwc.co.za to apply
- Know More About PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Account Officer at Simeon's Pivot
- Finance Manager at Kennedia Consulting
- Project Accountant at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Commercial Controller at Reckitt Benckiser Nigeria
- Head of Account and Audit at Akwa Ibom Transport Company Limited (AKTC)
- Female Cashier at Triple Seven Cafe
- Project Finance Officer at Methodist Church Nigeria
- Investment Analyst & Researcher at AXA Mansard