Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
In light of the displacement in the north-eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED office in Maiduguri is responding to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for CCCM Officer to support its mission in Dikwa and Mafa LGA, Borno state.
N.B: The position is contingent on ACTED securing funding for this project
About the job
This position falls under the direct management of ACTED's CCCM Team Leader and CCCM Program Manager
ACTED's CCCM Officer will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life. This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp. The CCCM officer will have the important task of recruiting, coordinating and enhancing camp committees located in each site that ACTED works in. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Implement CCCM activities as requested by the CCCM Team Leader and CCCM Program Manager such as but not limited to:
- Responsible for the creation of camp committees (women’s committee and camp leader committee comprised of sector leaders of camp) which included the creation of camp committee ToRs, advertisement to community about the importance and role of camp committees, creation of electoral system of camp committees, monitoring camp committees success and leading bi-weekly meetings with committees relaying important findings to stakeholders and CCCM Team Leader/PM
- Assist Team Leader with capacity building of local authorities, stakeholders, camp residents and host community in camp management activities.
- Responsible for engaging in host community through meetings with community leaders and integrating such individuals into camp-level coordination meetings.
- Liaise with local authorities, camp committees, partners and other stakeholders in ensuring that activities and camp management exercise is aligned with needs in the camp
- Design assessments and surveys used to capture pertinent needs of camp residents
- Communicate with camp community about needs/gaps/constraints in camp
- Implement information sharing campaigns with camp community through installing information, publishing site 3W, referral pathway, camp position adverts, distribution schedules and contact information for key stakeholders
- Assist in creation of reception center and lead on outreach to IDPs temporarily residing in reception area.
- Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
- Monitor status of population and highlighting trends with camp management team
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Any other tasks as requested by ACTED’s CCCM Officer, Team Leader and Camp Management Program Manager.
All employees should master ACTED's core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Completion of university degree in civil engineering, humanities, social studies, architecture, urban planning or engineering
- Minimum one years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience working in a camp setting
- Technical skills such as Microsoft Office/AutoCad.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Managerial experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes
- Contract length: 3 Months
- Level: D2-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
Method of Application
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Deadline 12.10.2018. CVs will be review on rolling bases.
Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org
Interested and qualified? Go to The Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) career website on docs.google.com to apply