Siemens is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
Portfolio Consulting Professional, Industrial Turbine Controls
Job ID: 75055
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Job Family: Sales
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
About the role
- Siemens Ltd Nigeria is seeking a Portfolio Consulting Professional for our oil & gas and Industrial customer’s rotating equipment controls & digitalization business, based in Lagos. Siemens Power Generation Services Controls and Digitalization Business Unit is a dynamic and rapidly changing organization. We are seeking a self-driven individual to spearhead the growth of the controls and digitalization business with our oil & gas and industrial customers in Nigeria and surrounding West-African countries (e.g. Ghana).
- The Portfolio Consulting Professional manages the client interface end to end, including presenting the value proposition and negotiating technical and contractual terms. The position engages with the Legal/Contract Administration, Finance/Credit, Business Solutions, applicable business unit managers, and company management as necessary. The position also works with the proposal development team in the preparation of the technical and commercial proposals this will include the preparation of market information based price recommendations. This role is also responsible for the preparation of the value proposition, and completion of the risk assessment and project cash flow analysis per the relevant business guidelines. This role is also responsible for preparing business activity and forecast reports.
- Coordinate Controls and Digitalization technical Sales Activity within Siemens Power Generation Services Controls and Digitalization Business Unit for Nigeria and Ghana
- Responsible for developing business opportunities within controls and digitalization business unit, from lead/opportunity technically and commercially to order, to meet the annual business target (BTA).
- Leads pursuit of specific controls and digitalization opportunities for turbo compressor, reciprocating compressor, gas & steam turbine, & bundled control system in the services business and promptly follows sales leads with a structured approach to qualification and prioritization.
- Develops and maintains sales funnel to a minimum level of ~3 times the BTA by processing new enquiries efficiently and using strategic proactive initiatives to increase business levels year-on-year in line with business target plan.
- Effective communication through a matrix organization to manage enquiries/opportunities by influence with management, core staff functions and client facing teams.
- Ensures thorough understanding of technical and commercial project scope and communicate the requirements clearly to the Proposal Development Team.
- Responsible for identifying project and commercial risks and helps to develop mitigation plans to ensure successful project outcome.
- Makes technical product presentations to convey the Supplier’s confidence in the solution to the clients and demonstrates benefits through success stories.
- Attends tradeshows and other business development activity for Power Generation Services Controls and Digitalization Business Unit
- Leads selling strategy and development of the Value Proposition on each Power Generation Services Controls and Digitalization Business Unit
- Develops client relationships, displays excellent listening skills, maintains and emits a positive attitude.
- Proficient and regular user of all system tools available to the Sales & Technical Support functions
- Is able to coordinate and/or contribute to the business development of complex projects that may involve multiple business units and external contractors
- Supports the existing oil & gas rotating equipment sales organization in approaching and serving potential customers best and advices both sales organization and customers in capabilities and options how to use and integrate Siemens' controls & digitalization offerings for rotating equipment effectively.
- Identifying and mobilizing technical, commercial and administrative support resources within local and global Siemens resource network to propose and presenting solutions, options and guidance to customers.
- Maintain ongoing customer relationship during project execution, follow-up on additional, new and further service opportunities.
What do I need to qualify?Qualifications - Minimum and Preferred (Education, Certification, Degree, Concentration, Skills, Knowledge, etc.):
- B-Tech/ B-Eng or BSc degree in Engineering, with strong preference given to Control System Engineering or Digital Technology
- Deep expertise in rotating equipment in oil & gas / industrial applications, with strong preference for experience in Operational Technology/Industrial Control Systems.
- Experience interacting with and presenting to high-level executives.
- Ability to work efficiently in a cross-functional / international team
- Ability to work on fast-paced customer engagements, including outside of business hours.
- Ability to meet travel requirements when they arise.
- Knowledge of global digital security market for utilities, and Oil & Gas.
- Knowledge of automation of industrial rotating equipment, such as turbines and compressors, and preferably some years of experience within the operation, maintenance, engineering or management of such plants.
- Good knowledge of a variety of different OEM automation subsystems, including PCS7, WinCC and Step7 or equivalent Non-Siemens products and solutions
- “Ownership” character, self-driving, problem solving approach, result oriented, open communicator, confident team lead, willingness and passion to achieve objectives and deadline, teamwork, discipline, attention to detail, deadline driven.
- Minimum 10 years in a technical role outside sales experience in rotating equipment and/or Control System Sales of a similar nature to rotating equipment calling on industrial clients
- Experience in oil and gas markets with rotating equipment control systems. Experience on power generation markets an asset.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Siemens career website on jobs.siemens-info.com to apply