Supply Chain Specialist at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Posted on: 14 September, 2018
Deadline: 21 September, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is Nigeria’s largest provider of outsourced power, with services comprising both long term Independent Power Production (IPP) and short term Emergency Power Production (EPP). Their customers include some of the largest companies in Nigeria and have provided services to companies from multiple locations in Nigeria. Their business projections also include operations in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Supply Chain Specialist
- Manage the procurement operations of the organization.
- Enhances product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory of goods procured.
- Creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize company’s client satisfaction.
- Manage all aspects of procurement from negotiation to delivery.
- Promote safety and awareness among Supply Chain and Vendor staff aimed at zero accident / incident rate.
- Accountable for approval of Bid-Lists and purchase orders up to certain limit of authority.
- Participate in prequalification of suppliers as necessary and evaluation of commercial bids.
- Preparation of negotiation strategies and procurement negotiations as appropriate.
- Ensure awards of Contracts and Purchase Orders are in compliance with relevant procedures, Specifications and local and international HSE standards.
- Accountable for reviewing and approving supplier’s requests for payment with respect to vendors, ensuring all obligations are met before payment.
- Ensure all Contract and Purchase Order close-out is undertaken in a timely manner, including the resolution of claims as and when required.
- Oversees the arrival of shipments, estimation of Freight costs and call-off freight forwarding services from suppliers, to meet required on-site dates at minimum costs.
- Plans delivery timetables and monitors stock levels.
- Tracks the movement of goods through depots or warehouses and also oversees the ordering and packaging process.
- Bachelor or/and Master's Degree in any field. However, having a Bachelor's Degree in business, economics or related field is an advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience in Procurement/supply chain and logistics field in the Oil and Gas sector in Nigeria.
- Candidate must have a strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidate must possess good finance abilities and be capable of managing budgets.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills, communication skills
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Recent Jobs from Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Warehouse and Logistics Manager at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Know More About Hamilton Lloyd and AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Warehouse Loaders at RoVedana
- Purchasing Executive at Eat'N'Go Limited
- Forecasting and Supply Planning Advisor at Chemiron International Limited
- Stock Keeper at Robeck Locks Ltd
- Sales & Store Assistant at Robeck Locks Ltd
- Supply Chain Officer-Roving Procurement at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Procurement Officer at International Medical Corps
- Supply Planning Manager at Reckitt Benckiser Nigeria