Vendor Management Officer at Main One Cable
Posted on: 13 September, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
Vendor Management Officer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Vendor Management Officer will be responsible for managing 3rd Party vendor related activities as well as provide updates and information to the Sales/Technical Sales Team.
Other deliverable include:
- Ensure that vendors are paid within contracted timelines
- Ensure that all requests via email/phone for quotes/pricing are attended to within 24 hours
- Enforce penalties on SLA non-compliance in line with signed contractual agreements
- Sync of Billing Commencement Dates in order to reduce credit exposure with 3rd Party
- Review and Reconciliation of all vendors invoices and prompt signoff of vendor related documents as required
- Purchase Order Processing for new orders and ensure timely processing of orders placed with the procurement team
- Ensuring an updated database of the 3rd Party COS sheet (updating of new orders +suspension/cancellation of existing orders) in order to effectively track and determine monthly 3rd Party spend.
- Liaising with respective internal teams to early identify of payment defaulting customers having 3rd party dependencies, and immediate suspension/termination with 3rd Party vendors to reduce credit exposure
- Provide adequate information of all 3rd party orders to the Procurement, Finance and Sales team, as well as other cross functional units requiring respective information to enable efficient job functions.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree: Second Class Upper
- Analytical Thinking
- Relationship Management
- Time & Self-Management skills
- Exceptional judgment and strong initiative;
- Strong inter-personal and team working skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage competing priorities;
- Exposure to technical basics would be an added advantage;
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure with keen attention to detail.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Excel, however proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Years of Experience: 2-3 years
Demand on the Job
- Proficient negotiation skills
- Excellent team working ability.
- Applicant must be tenacious, outspoken and firm yet respectful
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and understands task ownership
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Main One Cable
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Procurement Officer at Main One Cable
- Know More About Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- Health Management Information Systems Specialist at fhi 360
- Fullstack LAMP Developer at Alister Greene Consulting
- Systems Administrator at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Graphic Designer at Fadac Resources
- Information Systems Auditor at Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
- Graphics Designer at Contec Global Infotech Limited
- Test Automation Engineer at GitLab Inc.
- Graphics Designer at Transsion Holdings