Technical Support Engineer at Main One Cable
Posted on: 9 August, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big
Technical Support Engineer
Reporting Line: Field Support Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Main One terrestrial network comprising of network elements such as Huawei OSN series, Dragon Wave HC & HC+ and ECI equipment within and outside Port-Harcourt metropolis.
- From a technical sales standpoint, the resource will work closely with the commercial sales team to foster sales within Port-Harcourt and it’s environ through well-articulated network solutions that stemmed from purposeful customers’ follow ups and the understanding of customers specific needs.
In addition, the Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Troubleshooting and resolution of 1st and 2nd level network related problems.
- Respond to and resolve SDH & MW networks issues within the time frame of severity level agreements
- Review and execute RPRs (re-provision requests) on Dragon Wave HC+, Huawei OSN series (especially OSN3500, OSN500 & OSN8800) and ECI box (BG-20 & BG-30) platforms with minimal supervision
- Support all aspects of the network management process assuring requests, implementation, and problems are delivered as required with no impact to the global communications.
- Deploy and document changes in accordance with problem and change management process
- Participate in managing projects introduced by engineering team assuring full implementation and documentation standards are adhered to. Complete the projects objectives within timelines.
- Able to interpret, review and implement PDH and SDH networks designs from the core network planning team.
- Perform most effective approach to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity
- Ensure that Main One’s global and metro fiber network documentation is always accurate and up to date.
- Coordinate with the sales team in formulating and building up proposal knowledge, including making technical demos and presentations to Main One customers
- Convey customer feedback including feature requests and product issues to Product Management and Development teams.
- Coordinate with the sales team in formulating and building up proposal knowledge, including making technical demos and presentations to Main One customers.
- Work as a remote hand assist for the IP team during new circuit activation and troubleshooting IP related faults for MainOne existing customers within the region.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Electrical/Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- At least 4 years post NYSC work experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and Microwave radio equipment.
- A working knowledge of microwave transmission and must have undergone a basic training in optical and wireless networks with focus on SDH/PDH/IP transmission standards/protocols.
- Good understanding of telecommunications/engineering principles, transmission, and access networks, IP networks, metro Ethernet etc.
- In-depth knowledge of IP and IP related Technology and protocols such as BGP, MPLS, and DNS etc.
- Basic knowledge of the Nigerian telecommunication market and/or experience working in a telecommunications environment
- Ability to interpret topography, network design maps and AutoCAD Designs/and or use of Visio.
- Structured cabling experience is a must.
- Ability to use Ethernet Analyzer, SDH Analyzer and other test kits/instrument and diverse bandwidth test apps.
- Knowledge of a vendor network management system.
Demand on the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- May be required to travel out of station.
- Maybe required to work weekends
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Main One Cable career website on career.mainone.net to apply
- Know More About Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- BTL Graphic Designer at Temp A Staff
- Graphics Designer at Redwire Marketing Consulting
- Software Developer/Technical Support at Tezza Business Solutions Ltd
- ICT Support Officer at Inter-Arc Consultants Limited
- O365 Consultant at Microsoft
- Information Technology Manager at Prudential Mortgage Bank
- Computer Operator at Inspire Vocational Academies
- IT Project Manager at Telvida Communications Services