Experienced Clerk in Land Registration at Stresert Services Limited
Posted on: 9 August, 2018
Deadline: 10 August, 2018
View Jobs in Law / Legal
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
Stresert Services Limited - Our client, a reputable law firm on the island is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Experienced Clerk in Land Registration
Job Ref: C-LRM
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
- The ideal candidate must have substantial experience in Land Registration, perfection and procedures at the Land Registry.
Main Purpose of the Job
- Performs searches and enquiries on the land enquires with the relevant ministry and provide the relevant feedback to line manger.
- Make searches in the general register for the relevant purposes that affects the land titles office documents, record same and certify as to search.
- Checks availability and correctness of all relevant documents for the preparation of certificates and submits to Records Management Unit for files to be opened.
- Submits signed documents to the relevant ministry; Checks deed information and updates property records.
- Provide information relating to property values, deeds and other information.
- Performs title searches on vague or incomplete deed information.
- Submit tax property bills to the applicable office.
- Ensures that all land registration documents are in order and that fees are correct.
- Make regular contacts with the legal colleagues and clients’ where explanations are required.
- Undertakes any other related duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Diploma, ideally in land acquisition / real estate, data management, or a legal studies-related discipline would be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products - Access, Word, Excel
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Works well under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Able to organize and set priorities, handling multiple tasks in a fast paced and changing environment
- Previous experience reviewing and analyzing legal title documentation, reference plans, surveys etc
- Experience with real estate, leasing and/or contracts will be of advantage
- General knowledge of tax appraisal, listing, billing or collection programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to make decisions relating to assigned operations in conformance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘C-LRM’ as subject of mail
- Know More About Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Chief Legal Officer (Chief Counsel) - (CONRAISS 12) at The Computer Professionals (Registration Council of Nigeria) (CPN)
- Legal Adviser 1 at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Legal Officer at Abuja Clinics
- Legal Officer at Kedi Healthcare Industries (Nigeria) Limited
- Lawyer at Jedidiah Airlines Limited
- Lawyer / Company Secretary at Edo State Government
- Transportation Manager at Nocturnus Security Limited
- Graduate Intern (Legal) at ConnectRail Service Limited