APPLY: UN UPEACE Full and Partial International Scholarships 2013-2014
The United Nations mandated University for Peace (UPEACE) invites applications for need-based scholarships for students starting a master’s programme in the academic year 2013-2014. The scholarships are open to students from all countries who demonstrate need and academic excellence.
All financial assistance is based on the assumption that students will contribute as much as they are able to meet their educational and living expenses while studying at UPEACE.
UPEACE has five academic Departments and each department is in charge of up to three MA programmes. A limited number of financial awards are distributed through each academic department at UPEACE. The names of each Department and their programmes are listed below:
Department of Gender and Peace Education
- MA in Gender and Peace Building
- MA in Peace Education
Department of International Law and Human Rights
- MA in International Law and Human Rights
- MA in International Law and the Settlement of Disputes
Department of Peace and Conflict Studies
- MA in International Peace Studies
- MA in Media Peace and Conflict Studies
Department of Environment, Peace and Security
- MA in Natural Resources and Peace
- MA in Environmental Security and Peace
- MA in Environmental Security and Peace with specialization in Climate Change
Office of the Vice Rector MA programmes
- MA in Responsible Management and Sustainable Economic Development
- MA in Sustainable Urban Governance and Peace
Worth of UPEACE Scholarships
The following awards are available per Academic Department and the Vice Rector’s Office:
One full scholarship: will cover full tuition, other fees and a monthly stipend for living expenses
One full tuition waiver: covers the full tuition. It does not include special fees (transportation, graduation and Government fees) or living expenses
Three 75% tuition waivers: covers 75% of the tuition amount, the student will be responsible for paying the other 25%
Four 50% tuition waivers: covers 50% of the tuition amount, the student will be responsible for paying the other 50%.
Five 25% tuition waivers: covers 25% of the tuition amount, the student will be responsible for paying the other 75%.
Two tuition deferrals: grant a one year extension of partial or full tuition payment depending upon the award. Deferrals only apply to tuition (ranging from 25% to 100% depending upon the nature of the award available in each Department).
Because of a large amount of requests, UPEACE is unable to provide everyone with a Financial Assistance.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the scholarships, you should write a 400 word essay stating the type of award requested and the reasons for this request. Sign the statement with your name and the MA programme to which you are applying. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: November 15, 2012
For more information on the scholarships, please visit http://www.upeace.org/admissions/scholarships.cfm