October 11, 2012
APPLY: MTN Nigeria Foundation Science & Technology Scheme Opens Application for Scholarship
The MTN Nigeria Foundation limited by Guarantee (MTNF) was established by MTN Nigeria Communications Limited, in July 2004 to drive MTN Nigeria's Corporate Social Investment (CSI) initiatives aimed at improving the quality of life in communities across the country.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND LOCATION
Under the MTNF Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme, the Foundation currently provides financial support to 1,015 Science &Technology students in public universities, polytechnics and colleges of education across the six Geo-political zones in Nigeria, and has awarded-approximately N500m to date to nearly 2,500 students. The scholarship award is worth N200,000.00 (Two hundred Thousand Naira only) per student-for the duration of one academic year and it covers tuition, book allowance and stipend.
Application for the 2012/2013 session is now open. Following the applications, 1,500 students will be shortlisted for the assessment test to be held in 3 centers in the North, East and West of the country. The top scoring 500 candidates from
the assessment test will be awarded scholarships and will receive their awards during the 2012120 13 academic year.
Scholarships will also be renewed for the existing 1 ,015 students provided they have maintained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit).
The MTN foundation Science & Technology Scholarship seeks to- attract high performing second year students studying full time in public tertiary institutions In Nigeria. The scholarship is aimed at recognizing and rewarding academic excellence while providing financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary education.
New scholarships will be made available to qualified and successful candidates in all states across the Federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full time undergraduates in 200 level/2nd year.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary
- National Diploma (ONO) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the ONO programme and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd year in a public University
COURSES OF STUDY
Only applications from students studying one of the under listed courses will be considered:
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/Computational Modeling
- Pure/Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested students who meet the aforementioned criteria should please visit our website at http://www.mtnonline.com/mtnfscholarship to complete and submit an online application form: .
- The application portal opens on Friday, October 12,2012 and closes on Monday, October 29, 2012. Applicant's details will be verified and shortlisted candidates win be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to attend with two recent passport photographs, as welt as the original and photocopy of the following documents listed below:
- Valid student identity card
- Any other means of identification (National I.D, International passport or Driver's license etc.)
- Duly signed letter from the relevant Head of department in their respective schools
- Admission letter from Joint Matriculation and Admissions Board (JAMB) and Institutions of study
- Admission letter for the HND programme (applies to Polytechnic students only)
Applications for the MTNF Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme can only be done online at www.mtnonline.com/mtnfscholarship.
- Registration closes on Monday, October 29,2012.
- Incomplete application will be disregarded and cancelled
- Upon receipt of application from interested students, MTNF shall evaluate an-d shortlist qualifying students who, will be
- subsequently invited for an assessment test.
- Names of successful candidates will be published in national newspapers and they will also be contacted by MTNF by email.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATE WILL BE CONTACTED AND MTNF SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR FINAL
SELECTION OF SUCCESSFUL AWARD£ES.
For more information please visit our website at www.mtnonline.com/mtnfscholarship
Please note that the MTNF does not use any placement agency and we do not charge applicants an advance fee of any kind (e.g. application fees, placement fees, test fees e.t.c)
For more opportunities, follow myjobmag.com on Twitter for timely tweets, join us on Facebook for better conversation and subscribe to our email-list for weekly updates.
Any comments? Kindly use the comment box below.