November 25, 2015
Apply For The NITDA National Technology Competition 2015
National Technology Competition is an annual event as an initiative of
Open Source Global limited that intends to showcase, develop, discover
and encourage the state of ICT in Nigerian education system.
This initiative will take care of three (3) educational levels:
We intend to support the government and management of ICT education in Nigeria under the private public partnership.
- ICT education in secondary school
- ICT education in tertiary institution
- ICT for job seekers and for professional
This event will be used to introduce entrepreneurship in ICT and
encourage student through their knowledge and skills, benefit and
employment opportunity in the industry. We also want to use this to
promote ICT inclusion in education.
2015 National Technology Competition
Aims and Objectives
This year's event is focused on best education in Web Design in Secondary Schools.
- To discover the best student in secondary school in web design in Nigeria.
- Stimulate the entrepreneurship opportunity in information technology in Nigeria education system.
- Help students discover their creative skills through the competition.
- Working with gifted and talented students through identification and challenge.
- To promote the development and deployment of ICT infrastructure for educational need of youth
- To promote the inclusion of ICT in the Nigeria education curriculum effectively through adequate delivery and infrastructure
- To enhance existing educational facilities and capacity and
create new sustainable innovative educational system to meet the need of
those traditionally excluded from the educational system by using ICT
- To create awareness of the impact of ICT as it affects all the
facets of the society and is used to meet real development needs such as
wealth creation, job creation, poverty reduction, economic growth and
Website Content - 40%
Website Format and Style - 30%
- The content that is present on the site is accurate, relevant,
engaging, appropriate and educational to the audience. The website uses
phrases, icons, and concepts familiar to the users, and presents the
information in a natural and logical order.
Functionality and Navigation - 15%
- The content represents a consistent look and feel throughout its
entire layout, while maintaining and overall visually appealing, high
quality, appropriate and readable (includes contrast, colour, white
space and fonts) website. There is a clear and concise visual
communication that engages its users.
Technical Competency - 10%
- The content of the website is organized and displays a consistent form of prioritization of the information.
- The website navigation structure is consistent, but simple and
intuitive enough for users, so it is easy to find needed information and
what to expect from the hyperlinks on the site.
- This makes it easy to take advantage of recognition of the
content rather than recall. The ease of use was quick and comfortable to
use for the first time users.
Overall Impression - 5%
- Good functionality; links are broken, the web page loads
quickly, codes that were used displays relevant and illustrates
understanding of web designs and web standards and the website works
across various web browsers.
- It is a complete website. The website adheres to the required
scope of 2015 NTC's theme and it is educational. It also includes the
required expectations from category A specific guideline.
- Competition is open from 23rd Nov 2015 to 11th Dec 2015.
- Finals will be held in Abuja Federal Capital Territory, 17th - 18th 2015.
Application Closing Date
- Runner Up - Trip to Dubai internet city this December 2015.
- 2nd Runner Up - 500gb HDD, 4gb Ram Laptop and internet modern and further advance training on web design.
- Third Runner Up - 500gb HDD, 4gb Ram laptop.
6th December, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should take the following steps below:
For more enquiries please call: 08183547284
- Design a three page website to promote Tourism in Nigeria
- Click Here to complete the application form and upload the site images to the website
- Short-listed participant would be invited to Abuja for final with a Guardian