November 19, 2015
2015/2016 NNPC/MPN Undergraduate Scholarship Awards
- As part of support to educational development and human capacity
building, Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN), operator of Nigerian National
Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/MPN Joint Venture awards annual
scholarships to qualified undergraduate students in Nigerian
Applications for the 2015 NNPC/MPN Undergraduate National Scholarship are based on the following criteria:
Awards will be made to qualified and suitable students who are currently
admitted in Nigerian Universities irrespective of state of origin
including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Undergraduate Scholarship Awards
This program is funded by Mobil Producing Nigeria, operator of
the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/MPN Joint Venture.
Since 1998, a total of 500 undergraduate scholarships are awarded
annually. This is a significant increase on the 13 awards offered at
inception of the scheme in 1974. The awards are made to suitably
qualified students from every state of the federation, including the
Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
However, about 62 per cent of the total NNPC/MPN Undergraduate
scholarship awards are allocated to students who are indigenes of the
operational communities/ States - Akwa Ibom (50%) and Rivers States
(12%). There is also a merit award (10%) to the best 50 candidates in
the selection tests. The remaining places go to students from other
states including the Federal Capital territory (FCT), based on merit and
fair geographical spread.
The current scholarship awards are for disciplines in Engineering
(Petroleum, Chemical Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics and Civil,)
Geology/Geophysics, Medicine, Agricultural Science (and related fields)
as well as Computer Science.
Other schemes sponsored by this partnership include the NNPC/ESSO
National and International Postgraduate Scholarship Awards. These
scholarship programs are amongst several initiatives by the ExxonMobil
upstream subsidiary companies EEPNL and MPN), along with the respective
partners and co-venturer, to help build capacities of young and
brilliant Nigerians and further boost pool of qualified manpower for
career opportunities in Nigeria and abroad.
Requirements and Eligibility
E-applications are invited from full-time undergraduates in their FIRST
YEAR (100 LEVEL) or SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) of study in any of the
under-listed courses in Nigerian Universities:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Medicine (MBBS Only)
- Agricultural Science (And related fields)
- Computer Science
Application Closing Date
- Candidates must be holders of the SSCE or its Equivalent with at least six subjects passed at a sitting
- Applicants must be registered full-time undergraduates in their 1st or 2nd year of study in any Nigerian University
- Students who are currently on similar scholarship awards from other oil and gas companies should not apply
- Dependants of employees of Mobil Producing Nigeria, Mobil Oil
Nigeria Plc and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited are not
eligible for this scholarship.
1st December, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Before you start this Application
1.) Ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
2.) Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- Current University ID card
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- O' Level result
- JAMB Result
- SSCE result or its equivalent
- Evidence of State of origin obtained from the appropriate Local Government Area and duly signed by the Chairman or Secretary
3.) Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
Steps to Complete the application
To apply, when the page opens follow the steps below:
1.) Click on "Apply Now" tab.
2.) Click on "Register Now" to create an account.
3.) Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4.) Click on www.scholastica.ng to return to Scholarship site
5.) Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6.) Enter your personal information, National
Identification Number (if available), educational information, other
information and upload required scanned documents.
7.) Ensure the name used in application matches the
names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or
certificate if otherwise.
8.) Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9.) When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
10.) Recheck application information to avoid errors
11.) Click "Apply Now" to submit information at: http://scholastica.ng/schemes/nnpcmpn or return to the home page www.scholastica.ng and select the 2015 NNPC/MPN Undergraduate Scholarship Awards to be redirected to the application page.
12.) You will receive an email that confirms your application was successful.
13.) Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your referee to sign the document.
14.) Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15.) If National Identification Number (NIN) number was
not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number
16.) Return to: www.scholastica.ng/ and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion.
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number.
- Click "Create Account" and fill in the required fields.
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form.
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture.
- Visit any of the capture centers https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number.
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board.
- We will accept applications through this web site address only.
Hard copies of any document submitted will not be processed. All
interested students are advised to click on “How to Apply” tab to
- In line with our e-scholarship administration system, selected
students will be invited for computer-administered qualifying tests in
selected examination centers nationwide.
- Short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be invited by email and SMS text messages.
- All applicants are therefore advised to ensure that GSM
telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into
the e-forms on the web site.