February 27, 2015
Apply For The 2015 Anzisha Prize For Young Entrepreneurs
The Anzisha Prize seeks to award young entrepreneurs who have developed and implemented innovative solutions to social challenges or started successful businesses within their communities. 12 finalists from across Africa will win an all-expenses paid trip to South Africa to be a part of a week-long entrepreneurship workshop and conference at the African Leadership Academy campus on the outskirts of Johannesburg. The grand prize winners, selected from these finalists, will share prizes worth $75,000 USD.
Are you ready!? Are you our next Anzisha Fellow!? Before you begin, make sure you are eligible to enter:
To be selected as one of our 12 Anzisha Fellows, your business or project will be judged on the following 4 criteria:
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 22 years old.
- Your business or project must be up and running. The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it!
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Groups or teams can apply (for example, maybe you have 2 or 3 co-founders who started your business or project together), however you must choose one person to apply for the prize, on behalf of the group. This individual must be one of the founding members.
- Impact: Does your venture have a demonstrated, measurable and positive social and economic impact.
- Ingenuity: Have you taken a new or better approach to a pressing problem or business opportunity within your community.
- Scalability: Does your business or social project have the potential to grow or be replicated with support and investment.
- Leadership Potential: Do you have the qualities to be a role model for Africa’s youth.
Semi-finalists will be chosen on a rolling admissions basis, so get your application in early! If you have a very strong application, we could be visiting you very soon!
- 15 March 2015: Early Bird applications reviewed.
- 15 April 2015: Application Deadline.
- June/July 2015: Semi-finalist due diligence visits and and final selection.
- August 2015: Anzisha Prize Finalists for 2015 announced.
- November 2015: Anzisha Prize Week & Awards Ceremony.
The Anzisha Prize team as well as our partners across Africa are standing by to help you with your application process. Engage us on social media or via email.
Interested and suitably qualified applicant should click here to apply online. Good Luck!!!