Bureau of Public Enterprises, the secretariat of the National Council on Privatisation as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility is organizing an essay writing competition for Federal and State Secondary Schools (Public & Private) Students in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Essay Competition 2019
Interested students are to write on the following topic:
- The Reasons for Government reforms and Privatisation of Public Enterprises.
The Objectives Of This Competition Are:
- To reach the younger generation with the privatisation message;
- To inform the target audience of the importance and benefits of privatisation to the growing economy;
- To ensure that the privatisation policy is understood and appreciated adequately right from the primary stage of education.
- The essay should be typed. Also the handwritten manuscript should be submitted along with the typed copy as a proof of originality;
- The spacing for the typed text should be double- line and
- The words for the essay should be between 1500-2500 words.
- At the beginning of the essay, state the following:
- Full names,
- Name of School and address,
- Class of Pupil and
- Mobile Number(s) and/ or contact’s telephone number
- One essay submission per person
- Must be original, no plagiarism and not previously published.
- The language of entry is English.
- Students are expected to express themselves creatively and with clarity.
- Once an essay is submitted, it is considered final without any provision for modification.
Prizes to be won are
- First prize N500,000.00 plus laptop;
- Second prize N350,000.00 plus laptop;
- Third N230, 000.00 plus laptop.
Note: The cash component of the prize will be paid to the child’s school to cover the child’s school fees.
Application Closing Date
30th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Essay in a sealed envelope and clearly marked "BPE Privatisation Essay Competition" addressed to:
The Director General,
Bureau of Public Enterprises,
11 Osun Crescent, Maitama,
PMB 442, Abuja.
Attention: Amina Tukur Othman; Head, Public Communications Unit.
- Late submissions will be disqualified. The competition is open to all students from secondary schools - public and private in the country.
- Children and family relations of members of the National Council on Privatisation (NCP) and staff of Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) are excluded from this competition.